I won’t lie, this has been a tough week. Pedro and I have been closer to arguing than ever before with the stress of moving house and both our exhaustion as we tried to cope with disasters and difficulties. However, this week has also had its brilliant moments:
1. Breaking up for the school holidays. My first full year in my new role at work has been so good but I’ve worked incredibly hard – it’s so nice to be able to have a break now and recover!
2. Receiving new home cards from friends and loved ones – so kind of people! Also it made me laugh that every single one of them were addressed to Lucy and Pedro – even the one from our landlord!
3. Going to a friend’s BBQ and being able to catch up with everyone on a lazy evening, including cloud watching, and seeing his lush new house!
4. As a result of friend’s BBQ buying our own BBQ (Nessa – from Gavin and Stacey fame) and firepit (Smithy) both at bargain prices. LUSH.
5. Buying Pedro a moving-in present of a new computer chair for his geek room (we pretend it’s his office to do work in when we both know it’s where he can escape to to play games while I watch trash tv)
6. FINALLY reaching the day we get Internet! Should be connected later on today hurray – dreading my phone bill with all the 3G I’ve been using!
7. Feeling loved by Pedro’s cat, Whiskeroo. An old softy totally devoted to Pedro but this week has been coming over for cuddles with ME!
8. Sorting out the front room so it isn’t completely covered in boxes has made me ridiculously happy (control freak? Me?!)
9. Making the decision to try and be more healthy not as a result of what some horrible men said to me but as a decision of my own.
10. Well it has to be seeing Pedro every day – even though we’ve both been shattered (and at times right old grumps) it is great to see him all the time.
What has made you happy this week?